Here are a few tips on how to properly care for your glasses to ensure you continue to get clear, comfortable vision through them.
- Always remove and put on your glasses with both hands to reduce stress on the frame.
- It is best to not place your glasses up on your head when you aren’t wearing them, as this stretches the frame and strains the hinges.
- When cleaning your glasses use warm soapy water (not hot water) to help remove grit.
- If the lenses are smeary a specialised glasses cleaner helps cut through the grime.
- To remove fingerprints wipe the lenses with the microfibre cloth that came with your glasses, this is specially designed so the fibers don’t damage the lenses.
- It is important to wash your cleaning cloth, put it through the washing machine monthly, to prevent a build up of grit that can damage the lenses when polishing.
- If your glasses become loose or crooked and you lose a screw or nose pad, pop in and see us and we can repair them for you.
Monday to Friday
Sorry, closed Saturday and Sunday. Mike's staff have young children and he considers weekends to be essential family time. After hours and weekend appointments are available by prior arrangement. Contact us to arrange an after hours appointment.